Residential Support Worker
Duties and Responsibilities
Please take you time to read through the duties and responsibilities of this job role:
- To work independently within the Policies, Procedures and Guidelines with or without supervision;
- To carry out all duties, tasks and responsibilities in accordance with the Choices Home’s statement of Purpose/Principles of Care;
- To plan, participate in leisure, social and hobby related activities with children and young people in our care;
- To plan, escort, assist, encourage and monitor programmes of re-integration back into main stream social, educational, and leisure pursuits inside and outside of our homes;
- To assist and encourage children/young people in our care to develop and maintain the necessary social and living skills required to enjoy a fulfilling life;
- To plan, set and monitor behavioural objectives in line with the statement needs of the child/young person in care;
- To assist, support and encourage children/young people in the preparation of meals and snacks, washing-up and cleaning of the individual’s bedroom/private space, using these tasks as basic instructions for the child/young person in preparing for independence;
- To assist and contribute to the formulation of the children/young people’s care plans, reviews and the overall development of the child/young person;
- To complete relevant documentation and daily records for the children/young persons in relation to meeting the home’s legislative requirements;
- To participate and contribute in staff meetings and staff training;
- To administer medication, completing the appropriate records and following the appropriate policy, procedure and guidelines;
- To actively oppose discriminatory practice in relation to the children/young people, colleagues and visitors whether based on religion, gender, race, disability, cultural or sexual orientation or otherwise;
- To accompany children/young people on organised holidays and outings;
- To help maintain and support each individual’s meaningful relationships, links outside their home, especially with the family and local community where appropriate;
Hours of work are to be negotiated, worked on a rota basis in accordance with the needs of the children and the service we provide including sleeping-in duties.
Note: Not withstanding the detail within this job description, there may be a requirement for the post holder to undertake other duties consistent with their level of responsibility. This will be done in consultation with the post holder.
Minimum A*-C GCSE English, Maths & Science;
An interest in our care services;
Successful applicant’s for this role may be placed at different homes when required, when receiving further details on your application please let us know if you can only travel to a single home.